Monday, March 26, 2012

Kids clothes week challenge

Yay my first sew along!  Elsie Marley is hosting her spring kids clothes week challenge in April, and I have made the commitment to sew along.  So, I don't need to have my own blog to join in, but participating more in the online sewing community was the main reason I started this blog and I really like the idea behind this sew along.  She is so right just an hour a day and its amazing what you can achieve!


I am also very motivated by all this springy weather to sew the girls some new clothes.  Spring and summer are definitely the cutest seasons to sew for.  Here is a shot of Xanthe this morning, in a dress I made last summer.



It is the Seashore Sun Dress by Oliver + S.  I used three Ann Kellie prints, taking advantage of the panel design to add some extra interest.  This is definitely a dress i enjoyed making and it has been well loved.  It is comfortable, cute and perfect for picking spring flowers in.  Perhaps I will work on dresses for her sisters, or a matching hat..........will have to see what is inspiring me that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment