Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sprout

So it seems 3 year old girls, or at least my girls at 3 years old, only like to wear dresses.  Pants can be coaxed on for special events but given an option, dress it is, every time.  So with winter well underway, and being a big fan of Make it Perfect patterns I decided to try sewing a Sprout dress.




I made the dress in Sandi Henderson's, Vintage Iron Work in Berry and some of Anna Maria Horner's, Folksy Flannel for the lining.  The pattern was so easy to follow, and came together fantastically.  Initially I used piece of ribbon in a loop for the button loop.  But it frayed and pulled out.  So I replaced it with an elastic hair tie, as suggested in the pattern.




It is sooo cute and been very well worn over winter.  I will definitely be making more of these for all the girls next winter.

The headband is of my own design, and unfortunately got lost at Fasnacht.  But perhaps I will put together a tutorial when I sew a replacement......

No comments:

Post a Comment