Tuesday, May 1, 2012

KCWC days 4 to 7

Unfortunately I don't have much to show for the last 4 days!  I guess you could say we took Jessica's advice (from mesewcrazy) to "remember life is going on outside our windows" and make it count. Very spur of the moment we decided with a nice and potentially long weekend looming to see if we could get a cabin within 3 hrs drive of home for 4 nights.  We got 2 nights in Interlaken, awesome!  This required lots of packing and research of Interlaken on my part, so sewing got put on hold.  I did manage to get dresses for Xanthe and Philippa cut out on days 4 and 7. 

Over the course of the week I completed more than 7 hrs of planning, cutting and sewing but I did not manage 7 consecutive days.  Elsie Marley's KCWC sew along has definitely been a good source of motivation since I signed up, in fact I think I got more sewing done in anticipation than the actual week.  I will definitely be signing up for Autumn.

These are the dresses you should see in the near future. Firstly for or Xanthe, we have Daddy's old shirt that will hopefully become a dress that resembles the blue dress below.  I have used Sandi Henderson's Gracie pattern as the base, particularly for the neckline. Sooo much procrastination went into this, I have 5 more shirts I can use, but I like to do things right first go.  Finally I choose a style based on the neckline.  I have kept the little super soft denim dress to try making an up sized version, it is 3 month size, which is unfortunate as I really like the dress, but find dresses very impractical on girls before they can walk.  So it has only had a few wearings.


Secondly for Pippi I have cut up 4 different fabrics, Ann Kelle remix hearts in bright, Ta Dots in Berry, Sandi Henderson's Henna Garden in Yellow, and Children at Play dot to dot in Navy, to make my third Seashore Sun Dress from Oliver + S.


 So no more finishes but hopefully some good beginnings.  Stop by tomorrow to catch up on our weekend in Interlaken.


No comments:

Post a Comment