Thursday, May 10, 2012

New Dress for Philippa

I finally finished Philippa's dress that I cut out in Elsie Marley's Spring Kids Clothes Week Challenge.  Even better it was a lovely warm sunny day perfect for a photo shoot with the littlest member of our family. 

"Look at Me"
This is another Seashore Sundress by Oliver + S.  I love this pattern, it is a super cute dress so easy to sew and lends itself so nicely to using multiple fabrics.  This time I have used Ta Dot in Berry, Ann Kelle's Hearts in Bright and Dot to Dot in Navy from the Children at Play range.  I sewed size 18-24M for Philippa which is actually a little long right now, but it keeps it modest especially with  a bulky nappy underneath. It was very satisfying to cut out a pattern and sew up a lovely dress (no measuring, fiddling, altering).  Philippa is 2 in a couple of weeks, so this is her Birthday Dress and she is very happy with it!


I added a couple of heart appliques as she loves hearts and choose the fabric for the front panel.  So as you can see there is one on the back.  I used dot to dot in Aqua from Children at Play range of fabric.


I also appliqued a heart on the facing as a faux label, using dot to dot in Berry.  To keep it colourful I used Sandi Henderson's Henna Garden in Yellow for the facing.


She enjoyed having photos taken after watching her sisters getting fussed over in the past.  It was very cute!









3 comments:

  1. What a dear little girl and very pretty dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Both the dress and the model!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies, she spied the dress on the drying rack this morning and tried to dress herself, I wish I had taken a photo.

    ReplyDelete